Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Not all those who wander are lost - Junk Journal ~ Canvas Corp Brands October Challenge

Hi there Crafty Friends! Today, I'm sharing a handmade Junk Journal with you! I made this journal for the Canvas Corp Brands October Challenge - "Books Worth Reading" (#ccbchallenge). I have always loved The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkein, so I chose to feature a quote from the introductory poem to the series on my journal cover:
"Not all those who wander are lost." 
I used a 7 Gypsies Book Cover and created a 1.5 in. spine for it and used some gorgeous Canvas Corp Embossed Burnished Floral paper on the spine.  I decorated the cover with papers and canvas from a 7 Gypsies Gypsy Pack and a Book Plate from my stash and created a ribbon closure using some gold crinkle ribbon. I painted the black Book Plate with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in Golden Goddess to give it a more vintage look. I added a piece of corrugated paper on the back cover as a mat for a Tattered Angels "Field Notes" card (also painted with the Golden Goddess paint).


I lined the inside covers with Tattered Angels Mixed Media Origins Melody paper - it is so beautiful and just waiting for colour to be added! I made three signatures for the journal using several sheets of 7 Gypsies paper, Canvas Corp Corrugated Paper, Mixed Media Paper, Drawing Paper, as well as a couple of sheets of paper by Tim Holtz. I also tucked in a few tags from the Gypsy Pack using some fancy paper clips from my stash.




I used some masks and added some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists (in Sweet Clover, Suede and Denim Blue) to the Mixed Media pages.


With five folded pages in each signature, there is lots of room in the journal to get creative add more 'junque' to the pages! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

This is a gorgeous journal! Love the cover that you have made as well as the closure!
Thank you for participating in the Canvas Corp Brand challenge!

Viktoriya Porechnaya said...

Great work,Sarah-R! So stylish and elegant!

Charity said...

One of my fav quotes! Fab junk journal!

Marie/Mison said...

Wow! This is SO beautiful! Thank you for joining Canvas Corp Brands October Challenge.

juli_loves_paper said...

A beautiful book with so many beautiful moments! Thanks for playing the Canvas Corp Brand Challenge!